And we must face the fact that the United States is neither omnipotent or omniscientthat we are only 6 percent of the worlds populationthat we cannot impose our will upon the other 94 percent of mankindthat we cannot right every wrong or reverse every adversityand that therefore there cannot be an American solution to every world problem.
This quote is about uncategorised.
You can report quote corrections via the "Conversation" tab below
Search on Google Books to find citations of this quotation.
Source Notes: Source: President JOHN F. KENNEDY, address at the University of Washingtons 100th anniversary program, Seattle, Washington, November 16, 1961.Public Papers of the Presidents of the United States: John F. Kennedy, 1961, p. 726.
John Fitzgerald Kennedy (May 29, 1917 November 22, 1963), often referred to as John F. Kennedy, JFK, or Jack Kennedy, was the 35th President of the United States. He served from 1961 until his assassination in 1963. A member of the prominent Kennedy political family, he is considered an icon of American liberalism. During World War II, he served as a naval lieutenant in the Pacific theater and was cited for exceptional bravery for the rescue of his men. Kennedy is the youngest person ever to have been elected president of the United States, at the age of 43. (Theodore Roosevelt was the youngest ever to serve as President of the United States.)