Quotation added by staff
...one- fifth, and the annuity which Beethoven received from Archduke Rudolph and the Princes Lobkowitz and Kinsky reduced to 800 florins.)
253. "Show me the course where at the goal there stands the palm of victory! Lend sublimity to my loftiest thoughts, bring to them truths that shall live forever!"
(Diary, 1814, while working on "Fidelio.")
254. "Every day is lost in which we do not learn something useful. Man has no nobler or more valuable possession than time; thereforeNever put off till tomorrow what you can do today."
(From the notes in Archduke Rudolph's instruction book.)
255. "This is the mark of distinction of a truly admirable man: steadfastness in times of trouble."
256. "Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things."
(April, 1815, to Countess Erdody.)
257. "Force, which is a unit, will always prevail against the majority which is divided."
258. "Kings and Princes can create professors and councillors, and confer orders and... Jefferson, Thomas
Excerpt from Beethoven, the Man and the Artist, as Revealed in His Own Words · This quote is about procrastination · Search on Google Books to find all references and sources for this quotation.
More on the author
This quote around the web
Search Quotations Book