Village: The Village Inn

Discussing quote:

The more connections you and your lover make, not just between your bodies, but between your minds, your hearts, and your souls, the more you will strengthen the fabric of your relationship, and the more real moments you will experience together.

Started by tiffanygroat avatar tiffanygroat

What would someone say about this quote about how there are so many commas? See I believe everything she says is true, but when you look at the way she wrote it, what do you think? Do you feel she is seperating this quote with too many commas?

Phaedrus avatarPhaedrus said:

Perhaps separation with semicolons would have enhanced understanding, such as: "The more connections you and your lover make, not just between your bodies, but between your: minds; hearts; and souls, the more you will strengthen your relationship, and the more real moments you will experience together".

lala123la avatarlala123la said:

I think the commas are there just to set the mood or to make each statement stronger, so you pause when you read it and think about it more rather than just reading it all in one breath.

User gone

This author has the order wrong. The commitment of heart comes first. The physical part of a relationship always comes last because it isn't the most significant part of a relationship. I didn't say it isn't significant, I just said it isn't the most significant. Our society has this all messed up because many people think they can start there and have the rest of the areas develope normally after that. That is exactly "bass ackwards". The author is correct in the fact that all facets of people need to be incorporated, they just need to be done properly. The sex part comes after the commitment to a relationship has been made by marriage.

amitkoth avataramitkoth said:

I can correct the quote if you can send me a reference on the web to the correct version. If any of you find anything that points to the correct version on google books, etc. please post it here.

Get Quotes of the Day

Your daily dose of thought, inspiration and motivation.